The AAR is housed in the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine (DEPM) at Monash University. The operational team is part of the Transfusion Research Unit headed by Professor Erica Wood.
The Steering Committee has been established with a membership consisting of relevant stakeholders, clinical experts and a working group from DEPM.
The Steering Committee will meet at least twice per year to provide clinical oversight and registry support to the operational team. The Steering Committee:
- Monitors the scientific progress of the project including the data quality
- Advises on the collection and interpretation of data
- Assesses and advises regarding performance outliers
- Advises on scientific priorities to be addressed in data analysis and publication strategy
- Provides input as a collaborative venture with the working group from DEPM where appropriate in analysis of data and preparation of publications of the project.